EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. 2011

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Birthday's come once a year....

Since I didn't have access to a camera this year I am posting a picture of my birthday cake last
year.

I am amazed that I made it to 39 years already. I don't feel this old mentally or emotionally. I still feel like I teenager sometimes. Maybe I liked those years the best. I don't know.

I envisioned my life differently when I was younger... I always thought I would be a stay at home mom with 5 or 6 children....But I truly have been blessed with many children to love. I have the privelege of being an Aunt to 20 neices and nephews. I love to be around them and watch them grow. I love that their parents allow me to be a part of their lives. I love each one of them a lot.

I am grateful that I have been blessed with an amazing husband. Brett is so kind and caring. He spoils me and puts up with so much. He is patient and understanding. He is helpful and I love him.

I am grateful that I have a home to live in. I am grateful that I have a job. I am grateful for my health. I am grateful for the challenges that I have been blessed to endure and for the many things that I have learned from them in my life.

I am grateful for my family ---both on my side and Brett's side of the family. I have been blessed with some amazing examples to look to help me on this journey on earth.

I am grateful for my parents for giving me life. I have learned a lot from them and I am a better person for having them as my parents.

I am grateful for all my mom suffered to bring me into this world. I can only imagine the pain that she had to go through during labor and delivery. I am grateful for her example and her love.

I am grateful for good friends. I am looking forward to the next 39 years and having the chance to set new goals and dream new dreams.

2 comments:

Dad said...

You expressed my feelings so well. I too still feel like I am a teenager at times and I am almost double your years. May you have many many more wonderful bithdays.

Jan said...

So glad you made it another year!!! What a fun birthday cake. I am so grateful you are my sister and I love you so much!