EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. 2011

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Gratitude?

I copied a portion of Jana's blog because I want to remember this.  She is a friend of Laralynn's but I have learned so much from her and about her.  I have grown to love and appreciate her gift for sharing through writing.  I admire her and always learn so much. The portion in pink is her words...

I think we have all been counciled or desired to count our many blessings... Keep a gratitude journal...list your gratefuls ...and this is all good but, I was just reading a talk from November 2007 confrence by President Eyring. He mentions that every night, we might pray and ponder, asking the questions:


Did God send a message that was just for me?
Did I see His hand in my life or the lives of someone in my family?


I will do that, I will ponder thoes very questions daily, And then I will find a way to preserve that memory for the day that I, and those that I love, will need to remember how much God loves us and how much we need Him.

It's more than just counting your blessings ...it's about recognizing who blessed us with such abundance and recognizing His hand in our lives every minute of every day. It is imparative that we find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness. It will build our testimonies. You may not keep a journal. You may not share whatever record you keep with those you love and serve. But you and they will be blessed as you remember what the Lord has done. The line from the hymn “Count your many blessings; name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

Today I am grateful that Heavenly Father blessed Brett with the desire to receive a priesthood blessing before we went to the Neurologists.  I am grateful that the Lord blessed him that nothing was wrong on the MRI.  I know that he loves Brett and has a great purpose for him to accomplish here on the earth.
 
I am grateful that the Lord loves me.  I am grateful that despite my imperfections he has called me to serve as the primary president.  I know that with his help I can fulfill my responsibilities and that if I can put my trust in Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father I can learn his will and do it.
 
Karalee

No comments: