EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. 2011

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day.....


Today I am celebrating the gifts my mother gave to me....

1. My three beautiful and amazing sisters.  They are full of wisdom, love, charity, playfullness.  They have filled the whole that was left when my mom left this earth.  They have lifted me up, laughed with me, cried with me, sat by my side, held my hand, hugged me, talked to me, listened to me, taught me, played with me, endured me, and mothered me.   They are the greatest gift my mom gave to me.  I always know that I can count on them and they can count on me. 

2.My body....My mom suffered labor pains, back pains, headaches, morning sickness, leg pains and I am sure a few more pains just to bring me into this world and give me a body.

3. Love...she loved me.  She didn't always like me but she loved me so much.  She sacrificed so many times to give me the best and to provide me with some amazing life experiences.

I don't enjoy celebrating mothers day.  I haven't since Brett and I found out that we would never be biological parents.  My biggest dream as a child was to be the mother of ten children and eventhough this dream hasn't become a reality I am grateful for all the children in my life that I get the privelege of loving.

I love all my 20 nieces and nephews so much.  Thanks for letting me be a part of your life.

Well, I am off to go to church. I am not sure how long I will stay but I know that's where Heavenly Father wants me to be so I will go and try to smile and not cry when the little children sing to their mom's. 

I love you mom.

Love, Karalee

2 comments:

lisab said...

I love you!!

Lisa

Jan said...

What a great tribute to mom. You are amazing person too!!!! You inspire me and help me through a lot!