EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. 2011

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Celebrating FIRST MILE WALK of 2010....



Do you see this woman in this picture?...Yes that's me.   I walked a mile today and jogged around one end turn.  Today July 3,2010 with the help of the sweetest grandma angel in a hot pink t-shirt I made it a mile. 

I had decided to stop at 3/4 of mile and she said come on you can make it one more time.  She said I will walk with you... She told me her story of how she started walking two years ago so that she would be able to play with her grandkids.  She has lost 80 lbs.  She also does the Wii fitness for those days she doesn't feel like walking or running. I also need to thank Laralynn for giving me encouragment and telling me that I could do it.

I am so grateful for the change I feel happening inside of me. 
I feel alive again.  I feel hopeful.  I feel happy.

I made it ONE MILE TODAY!!!
DOUBLE YAHOO!!!

JULY 3, 2010

3 comments:

Dad said...

Way to Go!!! I am proud of you.

Jana said...

I am in awe ... I can barely walk! You are my inspiration!

Jan said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to run a 5K with you.