EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. 2011
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Celebrating Creative Workouts....June 30, 2010
Today I am celebrating creative workouts..... I know this isn't a picture of my creative workout but it could be. The more fun you can make excercise the more often you will do it.
Today was a crazy day. We have hired some of the young men in our ward to help Brett and I with some of our outside work. They came today and stayed until 7:15 pm. We had planned on going to the pool to swim so after they left we came in and got all ready to go. We got to the gym at about 8:15 pm. We went in and they told us the pool closed at 8:00 pm. ARRGGGHHH..... Well, we hadn't even eaten our dinner because we had decided to eat after we swam. Well, Brett was pretty tired and he didn't want to go walking and I don't feel as comfortable walking at night by myself so I didn't know what I was going to do.
After I dished up our asian chicken and rice dinner and we had eaten I laid down on the couch and started to watch tv. Mistake #1....You won't get motivated to workout laying on the couch. Well, Brett and I started talking about the yard work and we decided we needed a new rake and hoe to finish the projects with young men. I decided that I would run to walmart and pick them up since they are coming in the morning to work.
Ok so I thought maybe I can still get my workout in. I will just walk the perimeter of the store. I put my gym shoes on and before I put Brett to bed I talked him into to doing 25 leg lifts and dancing the pony dance while hitting invisible pongo drums. This got my heart a pumping and I knew I really wanted to get that work out in.
I parked in a far away parking spot under a light and went to do my shopping. I walked the entire perimeter of the store but I still didn't feel like it was enough. I had decided I would do sprints or stairs when I got home so I paid for my items and then left the store. As I walked to my car I noticed all the shopping carts that people had not returned and the light bulb turned on. I could go and retrieve the shopping carts and bring them back to the collection center. So I put my stuff in the car and started my walk to retrieve the carts at the farthest point of the parking lot. I felt safe because they have video cameras and the parking lot was well lit. I brought two carts at a time and as I pushed them back I jogged along with them. I did this for about 25 minutes. One lady was going to return her's and I told her I would do it. I explained I was trying to get my work out in since I didn't make it to the gym.
I know I looked funny but my heart was beating and I was sweating. It was a fun work out. I think I need to talk to the manager and see if it's ok if I come every night and do this. Ok maybe not every night but at least once a week to mix up my daily routine of excercising.
So I have decided I need a creative workout award. I was thinking something silver...Maybe a new alumunium water bottle...
So get creative with your excercise. You can dance in the kitchen with your kids just turn the radio up loud and dance your heart out or maybe you can park a little further away from the store and bring two shopping carts in the store. The choice is yours but just get up and move and have some fun.
Love, Karalee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are such an inspiration!!!!! I admire you so much!
Post a Comment