EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. 2011

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hope....to believe, desire or trust....


In my Scripture study this morning I read in Romans 5. Verses 1-5 stuck out to me.

I wanted to share them with you....

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

So tribulations worketh patience; Patience, experience; and experience, HOPE.

According to the dictionary Hope is defined as:

1. the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best
2. a particular instance of this feeling
3. a person or thing in which expectations are centered
4. to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence.
5. to believe, desire, or trust
6. to feel that something desired may happen

I hope for the understanding to remember that trials eventually bring about HOPE

Verse 8 & 11 also gave me a lot to think about. It reads:

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

I am so grateful for the Atonement and all that my Savior suffered so he could have a perfect understanding of all that you and I will go through in this life. He will help us through any trial we have to face. We just have to reach out and take His hand and He will guide us.

Thanks for letting me share. It really had a profound effect on me this morning.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Karalee,
Thank you for sharing. One of the greatest joys in my life is when I read something or receive inspiration about somethings that affects my life. I feel very happy for you.
Love,
Dad