EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. 2011

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom...


I posted the pictures I could find of her last few years of life.
Mom was an incredible lady.  She loved her kids, her grandkids and her "sons"(by marriage).

It was so fun to text my sisters to find out what they did to celebrate mom's life.
Lisa and her kids sang "Happy Birthday" to her as they drove to school.
Laralynn was going to have brownies because mom loved them so much.
Jan and her girls took baloons out to mom's headstone and ate ice cream and hamburgers.
Brett and I had shakes in her honor.
I also started gathering the pictures for scrapbook day of my life. I cut some of them up and I hope
mom will be ok with that.  I was grateful for the memories she preserved for me.

I read through my baby book and enjoyed reading the things she recorded about my life.
I can't wait to put these facts into my life history scrapbook. 
I am proud to be her daughter.  I am grateful that she went through being pregnant and labor to bring me into this world.  I am grateful for her patience with me.  I am grateful that she gave me three beautiful sisters to enjoy this life with.  I am grateful to know that she loves me.   I am grateful for the things she gave up so I could have so many great experiences as a child and young adult.

I love you mom.

Happy Happy Birthday to you.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks for the memories!

lisab said...

I love you!!! Thank you for sharing your pictures. I think sometimes I don't allow myself to feel just how much I miss her I don't want to get lost in all of that. Your pictures made me cry. I am grateful for that you have them. Thanks for giving me a moment to morn, again.

Lisa