I have decided this year to not just celebrate moments, holidays and occasions but to celebrate becoming a better me. One of the things that I have been thinking about in relation to this was to improve my spiritual self. I have made a few goals in this area. I have a greater desire to spend time each day in personal prayer, studying the scriptures and learning to listen to the promptings from the Holy Ghost to guide me in serving others. I have also wanted to talk with Brett about holding FHE and striving to do better in our couple prayer and couple scripture study. It took me about a week to work up the courage to speak with Brett about it. I finally took the opportunity today and he had been feeling the same things. I need to remember to communicate better. While lunch was cooking we took the opportunity to snuggle and he read an article from the Ensign called "The best is yet to be". What a hopeful title. As I look forward to what this new year will hold for me. I know the best is yet to be. I look forward to recording and celebrating those moments.
A couple of quotes from the talk really stood out to me and I want to share them so I can look back and remember.
"God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are and, with His help, where you are willing to go. ....This is an important matter to consider at the start of a new year and a new life. Such is the wonder of faith, repentance, and the miracle of the gospel of Jesus Christ".
The poet Robert Browning wrote:
Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in his hand
Who saith, "A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God:
see all, nor be afraid!
"Faith trusts that God has great things in store for each of us and that Christ truly is the "high priest of good things to come" (Hebrews 9:11)
Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant and far away. Live to see the miracles of repentance and forgiveness, of trust and divine love that will transform your life today, tomorrow and forever. "
"Faith builds on the past but never longs to stay there. Faith trusts that God has great things in store for each of us."
The best is yet to be... I am grateful for all the things I am learning. I am grateful for growth. I am grateful to feel peace. I am grateful for this journey of discovery I am on.
Love, Karalee
1 comment:
I am so happy for you and Brett. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Let's CELEBRATE!!!
Post a Comment