I have had so many simple joys lately...
I woke up this morning and I just had to write about them....
1. Brett - We just celebrated our 12th anniversary of our first date on 7/9/09. We signed the closing papers for the refinance of our house. I am so grateful that we remember these days every year. I made a scrapbook of our dates just before we got married. We had 11 dates before we got engaged. I love Brett so much. He's an amazing husband. He's kind, caring and is the only one that would put up with my crap. Thanks Brett for all the simple joys we have had over these past 12 years....
2. Children....especially my neices and nephews....I have 20. I am a lucky girl...
3. Sisters - I have 3 from my mother and father and many other friends that are like dear sisters.
4. Bubble gum....Ellee wanted me to blow bubbles with her yesterday (7/11/09). She remembered another day when she and I blew bubbles. I guess that day I could blow them really big. It was so fun to watch her be able to blow bubbles now. Jag was excited too.
5. Smiles - I got to hold Sam yesterday. He smiled at me... A babies smile is so touching. It can melt even the hardest heart. They are so pure and loving..
6. Dancing - On thursday I got to dance with Aubrie and Allie. I twirled them, dipped them and lifted them up to the ceiling. A few months ago I wouldn't have been able to do this. It was so fun. They both thought it was great that I could lift them up to the sky (ok ceiling).
7. Reading - Hearing Allie and Aubrie read a book to me. They are growing up so fast. I am glad they still like to share with me.
8. Balloons - I bought some baloons and a helium tank for a sister day activity. That night before I left Lisa's I blew up baloons for Jag, Ellee, Allie, Aubrie and Tyler (he just wanted to suck out the helium and talk funny). Jag, Ellee and I let our baloons go in the night sky. It was fun to watch them go and wonder where they would end up.
Later that weekend (6/28/09) on Brett's birthday. He blew up some balloons for his birthday. He would let the baloons to the ceiling and he would yell "They got away". See the pictures above. It was so much fun. It took us awhile to get the baloons off the ceiling so we cold tie them into a bouqet.
9. Jonas Brothers concerts - You didn't think I would leave this out did you....Brett and I have had the great privelege of attending 2 concerts this summer. We had so much fun. We stood for most of the concert, danced and sang along with all the other fans. Last night as we were coming home from Jeff and Brittany's wedding we both had concert withdrawl. We have attended a concert the last two weekends. We were excited when their song "Paranoid" came on the radio and we stayed in our car singing it until it was done.
I can't explain why the Jonas Brothers bring me such simple joy. I just love their music. I feel so alive. I feel passionate about what they are trying to accomplish. Brett told me that yesterday when we were at Lisa's that we talked about them a lot. Thanks to all my sisters, friends and family that keeps listening when we talk non stop about the boys. Yes, we are old enough to be their parents....
10. Photography- I love to take pictures... I had the chance last weekend to take pictures at my Grandma and Grandpa Hatfield's home. It was so fun to try and capture memories as I took the pictures. Thanks to everyone for thinking they turned out good. I so enjoy capturing memories. A picture is worth a thousand words.....
11. Laughter - I am so grateful for laughter...It makes life worth living. It helps when the pain is to much to bear... It brightens up any day...
12. Dress up- I got to play dress up last night at my cousins Jeff's wedding. They had a photo booth... I got to wear a feather boa and be in the picture with Brett, Allie, Aubrie, Jan and Justin... It was so much fun.
13. Cousins - I got to eat lunch with my cousin Keith and his family. I admire Keith so much. He enjoys life (or that's how he acts). I have always looked up to him. He gives amazing hugs.
We refinanced our house through Family First CU. My cousin Todd works there. It was so fun to work with him. He teased me relentlessly about my Jonas Brothers obession. He was a lot fun. He has a gift for getting me people to laugh and not take life so seriously. He's great.
When we were signing the papers I wasn't paying attention to what was going on but I was defending my obession with the Jonas Brothers... It was so funny.
I have a great life. I have so many more simple joys to be grateful for in my life...
I am so blessed to recognize the wonderful things in my life.
I hope you see the simple JOYS in your life today....
P.S. Happy Birthday to Laralynn today....
1 comment:
So glad you shared your simple joys of life! I am grateful to have you for my sister. Thank you for blessing my life.
Jan
Post a Comment