They had a retirement ceremony for this flag that has been used for years at the Stadium of Fire. It was incredible to see all the service men and women carrying the flag into the stadium and then putting it in a caldron to be burned. The stadium was so quiet and I felt so grateful for all those who have sacrificed their lives and fought to protect our country and the freedoms we enjoy.
It was better than the Jonas Brothers. It was amazing. I was so proud to be an American. I was glad to stand with the thousands of others when we pledged alligiance to the flag. We sat by a family and their dad was in his uniform. As they left Brett told him thank you for his service and he shook both of our hands. It was incredible to be able to thank this man for what he has done to insure that we can remain free.
God Bless America......
When we were walking across the parking lot a young girl stopped me and said "Your one of those people". She had noticed our jonas brothers tags and thought we workedfor the Jonas Brothers (ha ha ha). I had to disappoint herand tell her that no I wasn't one of those people. Just a crazy obessed fan like her. I wish I had known what great quality pictures that Steve's camera took even when on zoom and I would have taken more pictures. I recorded one of their
songs in movie mode and if I can get some help I will put that on here as well. We had another amazing adventure seeing the Jonas Brothers live. They are incredible showmen and so
much fun to watch perform. It was funny because there were young girls standing in front and
in back of me. There parents had brought them but only the young girls were standing up and singing. Brett and I were practically the only adults standing in our section. We enjoyed singing, clapping, screaming and making another memory on our mid life adventure.
We called our house again and let the answering machine pick up so we could record some of the songs but you can mostly hear Brett and I singing or screaming in the background. We are so crazy.
Thanks again to Steve for loaning us his camera. It is fun to have been able to record some of the memories. Thanks for coming along for our ride. I hope we get to see them again really soon but if not the memorieswill last a lifetime and there's always next year....
Maybe we will go to Europe...
See them in the UK, Spain, or Paris,France....
the possibilities are endless...
P.S. The Jonas Brothers posted on their my space yesterday that despite all the rumors the band will not be breaking up....just because Kevin is getting married... Yeah.....
No comments:
Post a Comment